Petersons Old Veit Farm Reflections

I have blind spots and a lot more to learn about everything. Any truth I express is a gift from God. Follow God's "blog," not mine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Diamond Lake, Northeast Washington state, United States

Friday, March 14, 2014

When Eyes Meet, When Hearts Leap

“You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes …” Song of Songs 4:9

When lovers’ eyes meet, and their hearts leap, it is God’s good design.

“Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. … and they become one flesh. Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.” Genesis 2:22-25

“There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand: … the way of a man with a young woman.” Proverbs 30:18-19

Sex in marriage is amazing, honorable and pure (Hebrews 13:4). The sexual aspect of the relationship between man and woman celebrated by the Song of Songs is very good.

God’s goodness is made clear throughout the Bible. Scripture also makes clear that with good there is evil. Sin ruins what is good, and there are things that make God angry. We must always seek to discern the good God has created from sin’s effect and Satan’s evil work. Every evil is a perversion or negation of something God created very good. Every lie distorts a truth.

The great delight in Adam’s eyes when he first saw naked Eve was very good and came before the problem of lusting eyes.

[Excerpted from “What Do You See with The Eyes of Your Heart?” For more about God’s good design for sex, see the preceding two posts.]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Test comment.

3/14/2014 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home